UrbanWorks will save $35 billion in federal and state expenditures in 5 years by providing training and apprenticeships in career track customer engagement jobs to underserved urban populations with public and private sector partners.
UrbanWorks will begin in the District of Columbia and then scale to 49 other cities in the United States.
Urban centers in the United States suffer from long-term joblessness, hopelessness and stress on communities. Today’s solutions treat the symptoms instead of the cause, which is the lack of career-track employment to sustain and reinvent the urban community. Currently we have:
- A population that is unequipped to successfully navigate the working world, often with at best a high school education and lacking relevant life skills
- Reliance on government welfare programs such as SNAP, WIC, Medicaid and unemployment payments
- Alternate income sources that increase crime and damage the community, including drugs, scams and theft
- A service desert that lacks healthcare, housing, food, childcare, transportation, and education with an overall unhealthy local economy
Southeast section of the District of Columbia has an unemployment rate of 11%-13% and the District as a whole spends $3.9 billion per year on law enforcement, the court system, corrections, and social support programs.
The UrbanWorks Mission
Reinvent urban careers by on-shoring customer engagement jobs to American cities:
- Create 5,000 jobs per city and 250,000 career tracked jobs nationwide across 50 urban centers
- Generate $12.8 billion in yearly employable wages
- Save $35 billion in unnecessary federal and state annual expenditures
- Create thriving communities and local economies
These results are easily within reach by creating professional growth with career tracks increasing the number of customer engagement positions in the United States.
What We're Doing About It
We're bringing call center customer engagement positions to America’s urban centers to reinvent the urban ecosystem. To do this, we will:
- Create career track customer engagement jobs
- Employ a learn, work and earn apprentice style model
- Establish a holistic community support system
Combined together, this will result in a better urban economy, attract business and cultivate a new thriving ecosystem.
Public and private funds will create a nurturing, barrier free workforce development environment, enabling a highly competitive customer engagement workforce. As careers and the workforce develop public and private funding needs will diminish. As the eco-system and careers mature, the public financial burden will decline improving the overall health of the community.
Customers interested in on-shoring customer engagement workforces to the United States will find competitive workforce entry-level positions with career development to earn more of the Customers business at higher skill levels and compensation based on performance, customer satisfaction and our customers’ success. Our customers will have the satisfaction of giving back to the community through a sustainable performance-based model for success.
Local Volunteer organizations like life faith-based groups participate in UrbanWorks through nurturing and services encouraging positive community change and growth.
Partners such as local hospitals, clinics, housing, childcare, and workforce development programs can assist in sourcing potential workers and eliminating barriers to work life balance in growing a healthy community.
Workers with maybe a high school education, veterans, returning citizens, retired veterans, part-time workers, and students provide a unique blend of skills and life experience to create and invigorate a workforce within the urban community.
Careers you never thought were Customer Engagement, really do have a growth track that can be realized in an urban customer engagement model: Healthcare, Travel, IT and Technology Services, Cosmetics, Fashion, and Construction, to name a few.
Almost any industry has a sustainable career track in Customer Engagement creating an urban ecosystem of diversity, skill, compensation, community and growth.
Re-invent careers with UrbanWorks in urban America.